srijeda, 28. studenoga 2012.

Precious Wax Drippings - Ain't We a Wishin' Bunch


I'm back after a three-week trip to the USA, so I'll kick off the blog again with a nice little EP I chanced upon at the wonderful Amoeba music shop in Hollywood. Although the name of this band did sound familiar to me, I didn't really have any idea on how they might sound; but the price tag of $2.99 and the words "Chicago Recording Company" and "Iain Burgess" on the back of the sleeve convinced me to give it a chance. And sure enough, it's really nice old-style emo-indie-punk-rock, like so much of the stuff that was coming out of Chicago during the latter part of the '80s. It's only six songs long and the instrumental "Big Cheese" is no big cheese really, but it's quite enjoyable in that "nice band that never amounted to anything although they did deserve to" kind of way. Hope you like it!

Track listing:

1. Prayers (2:26)
2. Soulbait (1:55)
3. Big Cheese (1:52)
4. Clover (2:08)
5. Keys (1:45)
6. Furnace (4:37)

Download

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar