srijeda, 17. srpnja 2013.

Schlong - Tumours 7"



Oh man. What this is, is a hardcore-punk version of the whole "Rumours" record by Fleetwood Mac, done by Gilman St. scene band Schlong, and played fast enough that the whole thing fit on a 7" single. It's completely retarded, it's falling apart in every song, and there is banjo on it. It's wonderful! Precisely the irreverent, careless ridiculing of everything that is supposed to be good and respectable, that I associate with punk rock at its best. "Stevie Licks" indeed!

Track listing:

1. Second Hand News (1:02)
2. Dreams (1:17)
3. Never Go Back Again (0:54)
4. Don't Stop (0:45)
5. Go Your Own Way (1:34)
6. Songbird (0:36)
7. The Chain (1:42)
8. You Make Loving Fun (1:21)
9. I Don't Want to Know (0:38)
10. Oh Daddy (0:26)
11. Gold Dust Woman (1:46)

Download

2 komentara:

  1. I remember seeing Schlong perform most of the songs off this in a warehouse as part of an after hours show. There was a limbo pole put up for which the band tried to go underneath while hopping on one foot and playing "You can go your own way" which loads of people joined in on the chorus while not really knowing much about this band from San Francisco. I think it was the only time they made it to Torotno. Anyway, I think it was the only time the band made it to Toronto. I also think the band went on to do a punk version of "West Side Story", but this is by far the better release. I have been looking for it for a long time. Thanks.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. I miss Schlong only caught them a couple of times in the 90's and both times I was blown away... anyway this is a great record!

    OdgovoriIzbriši